Why I am doing this
- I have an almost uncanny ability to find useful programs. (Usually by listening to a lot of other people smarter than I am). My job also puts me in a good position to test a lot of the anti-virus tools and know what actually works against the problems people usually have.
- I get asked a lot about procedures for doing things like cleaning viruses. I’d like to have one place where I know I have it all down where I can point people. Also, I think this information could help a lot of people and save them time and money, and I like that idea a lot.
- I would like to set myself a project that (hopefully) forces me to be timely and responsible.
- I would like to improve and practice my technical writing. Being able to write clearly and simply about technical programs and procedures so that anyone may understand the writing is critical for effectively working in IT. I hope this blog will both help me accomplish that clarity, and maybe even be a reference I can use to show my skill.
Who this blog is written for:
Average computer users (also know as humans). Far too many blogs about technical things sacrifice clarity for brevity. Hopefully I’ll be able to outline what I talk about well enough for people who are technical to skim, while still providing full explanations for people who are less sure of their abilities. Hopefully I will have lots of screen shots. If you ever need further explanation on any step, mention it in the comments and I’ll try to elaborate. If you would like me to try to cover a specific topic, send me an email at deramin@next-realm.com.
No comments:
Post a Comment